Monday, April 4, 2011

The beginning...

Today officially begins training for the Avon Walk in September. It's a 24 week schedule to prepare for the 39.3 mile walk. (A full marathon Day 1, a half marathon day 2.) Elias has volunteered to be my "coach" and walker buddy since the weekend "endurance" walks are long and I can imagine can get lonely. Princess will be along for the walks too. I think I am going to load my phone with Harry Potter books again for the walks. Time goes so much faster with Harry.

Anyways, today is a Recovery day. In theory it'll be great for training. In reality, for Day 1, it's a lot anti-climatic as it only requires 15 minutes of light walking. Of course, I did more than that.

Also, on the nutrition front- I have been off the diet coke train since January. I won't lie and say I haven't been perfect but I've been REALLY good. I do notice a huge difference in a lot of ways but particularly the fact that I now drink 80-120 ounces of water a day. I'd say I average around 100 ounces.

If you are interested in donating to the cause check out my page at: http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk/LosAngeles?px=5814529&pg=personal&fr_id=2060

No comments:

Post a Comment